Saturday 9 October 2010

Friday 8th October 2010: What did I do today? + Executive Bastard-ising

To use the words: 'nothing much' would be an overstatement. I knew there were a couple of things I wanted to do, such as writing these bleedin' blogs, but I just didn't. I spent the day in my own funk (not literally. That would be adhering to stereotype, and I'm too good for that (oh, are you?) sorry, retake; too proud for that (there, that wasn't difficult, now, was it?) ...no....), while a completely new shower was put in. That was the main thing that happened today. That and me, in my room, watching the entire second series of Whose Line Is It Anyway.

It's strangely addictive. It also makes me laugh satanically behind a laptop, in a not particularly sound-proof room. The days where I could watch Woody Allen in the middle of the night are over. Oh, joys of living alone! That, and strange dancing in one's pants on the carpets after 2 o' clock when one can't sleep. And lest not forget the omnipresent awareness that if I'd ever choke on some crisps while watching Woody Allen in the middle of the night, it would be at least a day until someone might find me, and that packet of crisps, strewn over the carpets like a stranded whale. At least I now know some people might hear me falling down the stairs before they'd shrug and go back to sleep (just kidding! :-D Jokey! FUNNY! Ahum).

God, I sometimes have days like this, I know. But life is short (at least when you're young. When you're older (Grandpa's Storybook Night right here, people) you become acquainted with the notion of regret and start living your life to the full (-er) but then realise you're too old so just stop. This is unfair of life, and in doing so, life is a bastard. If I could say anything of any merit in this blog concerning a day of nothing, it would be that. Life is a bastard. There, I said it. But I am saying this as a foreign exchange student living on a grant (still awaiting but never mind that) going to a university and with the access to food, a bicycle and the wondrous world of the internet. All things I don't actually deserve more than anyone in a less fortunate position. So I'm basically a bastard for saying life's a bastard. God. I can't win. That's a bastard, innit?

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment